Troy U Dev Site

Top Types of Insurance Coverage for Real Estate Professionals

As a real estate professional, you may be wondering which insurance programs for real estate you should be looking into. The real estate business comes with several inherent risks that the right insurance coverage could help protect you from. Here are the top coverage types for you to consider.

Real Estate Professionals in Several Sectors Should Consider Insurance

There are several key sectors in the real estate business, and professionals in all of them should consider finding insurance coverage. Some top professionals that may require insurance include the following.

  • Property management professionals
  • Agents for office buildings, retail centers, tech parks and more
  • Real estate developers
  • Investment trusts

Top Coverage Options Include Liability Protections and More

Since working in real estate may leave you vulnerable to several types of liabilities, having a policy with extensive protections is essential. Be sure to take into account vulnerabilities specific to your situation. Your top insurance options should encompass the following coverage.

  • Directors and officers liability
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Foodborne liability coverage
  • Commercial property coverage
  • Business interruption coverage
  • Cyber liability

Whatever sector of the real estate industry you work in, having the right insurance programs for real estate in place can help provide you with a critical safety net. Consider these top types of coverage when searching for your next policy.